The purpose of the uniform is part of the aims and methods of Scouting. The scout uniform shows others the unity of scouting. It shows others you can be trusted. It shows others that you are willing to help at all times. The patches on the uniform tell a story. Informes the viewer of experience, training, and who can help them. Uniforms are to be worn at all meetings and events unless scheduled non-uniform or not an appropriate activity. Not warring the uniform correctly can be misleading and put your trustworthiness in question. The uniform can also be a Troop or Pack t-shirt often refer to as a “Class B” uniform. Class B uniform is an old military term. This protects the regular uniform shirt from unneeded wair. It also keeps your uniform shirt clean and undamaged. Some units use the term “Belt-Up” uniform. This uniform is the same from the belt line up. Scouts BSA policies are written for a full uniform, although this may not be financially possible in some units
⚜️ Note: The “Uniform Inspection Sheet” that ScouterStan referenced in the video is no longer used at this time. The old sheets are listed however we recommend using the Insignia guide for propper reference on patch placement.
- 🌎 BSA Guide to Awards and Insignia: https://www.scouting.org/resources/insignia-guide/
- 📄 Cub Scout Insignia PDF: https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/33066/33066_Cub_Scout_Insignia_WEB.pdf
- 📄 Cub Scout Uniform Inspection Sheet (2016): http://www.scouterstan.com/storage/CubScoutUniformInspSheet2016.pdf
- 📄 Scouts BSA Insignia PDF: https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/33066/33066_Scouts_BSA_Insignia_WEB.pdf
- 📄 Old Boy Scout Leader Inspection Sheet (2010): http://www.scouterstan.com/storage/ScoutLeaderInspectionSheet2010.pdf
- 📄 Venturing Insignia PDF: https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/33066/33066_Venturing_Insignia_WEB.pdf