Sometimes adult leaders have difficulties with other leaders. your unit commissioner can help work out difficulties and help relations be more scout-like. Often the dispute is about incorrect views of how scouting is designed to work. Your commissioner can help re-establish vision and goal setting.
Adult leaders are faced with many challenges. One of the biggest Fears for adults is public speaking. ScouterStan explores concerns that Adult leaders have about pack/troop meeting presentations. A scout is brave … but not fearless. Discover Some pointers and secrets of public speaking and unit meetings.
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit in.
The Scout Sign is a common feature of any scout meeting. It demands our respect as it is a living symbol of our commitment to the Scout Oath & Law. This cherished symbol is also used to respectively and courteously quiets the room. Unfortunately, some scout leaders don’t wait for all the scouts to stop talking and scream out “Signs Up!” That defeats the whole point of quitting the room with the Scout Sign. Otherwise when you say “Signs Up” everyone just hears “Shut Up”.
Commission’s Weekly Podcast
- Anchor https://anchor.fm/scouterstan
- Apple Podcasts https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/scouterstan/id1466135335
- Google Podcasts https://www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy9iNjQ0NWEwL3BvZGNhc3QvcnNz
- Spotify https://open.spotify.com/show/7mM1rjsgWcmKL0nlsSWnYm
- Breaker https://www.breaker.audio/scouterstan
- Pocket Casts https://pca.st/iM1m
- RadioPublic https://radiopublic.com/scouterstan-WdPDpR
- Stitcher https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/anchor-podcasts/scouterstan
Every scout leader should always be prepared with a quick one-minute story for the end of any meeting or campfire. This story can help illustrate a point or give a reflection on a scouting value. ScouterStan has one you can use tonight. Here are some good ones out on the net.
Top 3 Reference for Scoutmaster Minutes: